Monday 5 March 2012

The 2kDozen 500: #87 - Dustin Wong, "Dreams Say, View, Create, Shadow Leads"

Guitars! Back with guitars! Or perhaps just one guy with a guitar played several times.

This time I am going to be quickly in and out. Wong is apparently a run-away Christian, who found a more suitable redemption through punk rock and Jack Nicholson in "Easy Rider". I don't think the gawky enthusiasm I associate with US Christians has completely dissipated. This is seriously sunny music, dappling my ears with different rays of guitar playing across the sky.



There's some deviation from one track to another, but not a huge amount. Only towards the end and the last two tracks does the sound toughen up much. And that doesn't matter. Because it sounds goooood. There's a lot going on and plenty to miss. So I won't sketch it out any further here. But I shall listen again. Oh, yes.

Rating: Rainbows out of Pedals



No comments: