Thursday 2 September 2010

There's Always Room On The Womb

Junkbox Heil!

It used to be so easy. I'd just sit at the computer and nine times out of ten a torrent of bird-shaped imagery and liquid-based metaphor (or was it a flock?) would spunk out of my thinkhole (or was it swoop?) and I'd write them down using a computer (or was it a bird-table?) and sit back all pleased with myself at the corrosive power of my wobbly intellect.

Now I make a list of the songs. Dry is my thought and withered my writing stick.

Insidious Junkbox 24: 24 Hairy Portly People

Ministry - Jesus Built My Hotrod
Minks - Drunk Punks
The Chap - Few Horoscope
Chops - Giant Whale Is A Krill Eater
*Aspects - Psychoboogie
Cloud Nothings - Didn't You
Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti - Fright Night (Nevermore)
Woods - Death Rattle
The Sharks - Music Answer (Vocal Mix)
Gold Panda - You
Acen - Trip II The Moon (Part 2: The Darkside)
Black Carrot - Magnets
Ween - Buenas Tardes Amigo

It can be downloaded, this hour-long stream of golden spew, by clicking on the Insidious Junkbox bit above - but you know this, you aren't children.

There's some classic hardcore Bond-sampling genius, which sounds a bit like the music I imagine I'll hear when my life flashes in front of my eyes. There's some woozy FM radio Ziggy Stardust impressions. There's some Bristolian twisted hip-hop from about ten years ago. A bit of mid-seventies funky reggae. Some Tom Waits business from Market Harborough. And the immensity of the immense Ween and their immense Mexican revenge song.

I've neverelse to say. Like a reluctant Best Woman at a wedding.

Your pal, Coc xx

No comments: