Sunday 12 September 2010

World Edging Closer To Equidistance

Howdy, flakes!

The hibernation of fun has been staved off for another minute or so: another Junkbox has slopped out the traps and is limping its way out into the Universe from this point in space and time. A more fluent understanding of physics and the nature of essence would enable me to stretch the point out infinitely, wrap around the ears of millions, warp it around the thoughts of thousands; but then a more fluent grasp of my potential as dictator, demagogue and potentate would've steered me to a position of massive and distortive cultural influence, through which MY loves would become THEIR loves (but not YOUR loves) and my heart would boil with the bloody gratitude of a hundred starving artists.

Now the paranoid, meta-fantasy fades away and I find myself sat before another ODI, I'm left only with the hollow victory of another Insidious Junkbox - the TWENTY-FIFTH!! I think I'm roughly on course for a Junkbox per month since I started in July 2008, and that fills me with an enormous sense of under-being. (Parklife!)

Lend an ear and let the wax pour forth!

Insidious Junkbox XXV: Robert Maxwell's Silver Junkbox

Menomena! - Ghost Ship
MC Mabon - Canna Lembo
No Age - Boy Void
Scritti Politti- P.A.s
Cut Copy - Hearts On Fire
Boards of Canada - Skyliner
Liquid Liquid - Scraper
The Fall - Who Makes The Nazis?
De La Soul - Freedom To Speak
Depth Charge - I ... Always Do
Ayalew Mesfin & Black Lion Band - Gedawo
Gorffenwyd - Y Cynllwyn (The Conspiracy)
Datblygu - Hymne Europa 1992 (plus rare bit of DRE speaking English!)
Jeffrey Lewis - Punk Is Dead (Crass cover)
Beck - Sexxx Laws (this will be played at the Coc/Lw wedding disco!)

All these tracks were selected by my iPod on shuffle, as an attempt to do something a bit different to mark the silver number achievement. I skipped a couple by the same bands, and to be honest, I did also set Otis Reddings's "Sitting On The Dock Of The Bay" aside. Punch me in the kidneys and call me an organ rapist, if it makes me feel any better.

So until I manage to work out how I can translate my skull doodles into some kind of Insidious Junkbox emblem, I shall leave you to your stinking thinking.

Your pal, Coc x

No comments: