Tuesday 27 July 2010

Pope Pisses On Church - Man With Face Gapes

Lightning strike!

Before the tedium of this Tuesday evening drives me to plunge my steaming fingers into the back of my eye-sacs, I've decided its time to pull out the necessary apostrophes and reveal unto the world my latest Siwncbocs shenanigans. These words woven from my Hiberno-Cymric heritage, y'unnerstan'?

Back in the day, when I was bored, I would take a pencil in my hand and write about the chicks I was busy digging, or watch an auld film on the VHS, or try and get a bubble into my vein in order to turn all the switches to Nope. None of this has the lusty allure for which I have to petition so strongly these days.

I open up the big box marked "Think, You Squib, Think!" and next to nothing tumbles out, the scaly few cells left behind by thoughts long dessicated, the dead, dry earwigs that starved waiting for Walter Koening to return, the scorched remains of things that were never really there. And cetera.

So in place of original thought and an artfully-turned phraselet, I give you another Junkbxxxxxx tracklisting...

Insidious Junkbocs 23: Revenge of the Skidoo

Frank Sidebottom - Guess Who's Been On Match of the Day (rest in papier mache)
Daniel Johnston - The Beatles (and not the other way around...)
School of Seven Bells - Heart Is Strange
Daedalus - An Armada Approaches
Human Resource - Dominator
D.O. Misani - Giko Piny
PJ Harvey - Man Size
Circulatory System - Overjoyed
Brian Dewan - 99 Chops (not Bryan Fury the zombie dude in Tekken)
MGMT - Flash Delirium
Psychobuildings - No Man's Land
M.I.A. - Tell Me Why
The KLF - What Time Is Love? (Original Version)

Don't let the cotton wool cuteness fool you - I am the one and only Dominator. I'm bigger and badder and almost certainly rougher and tougher. In other words, sucker, there is no other. So make way there or something. And listen to the new Ariel Pink album while you're at it. It'll feature in Junkbox soon (ie Coctober).

Great smears of luck, friends, daubed all over your lolling faces.

Your pal, Coc x

No comments: