Once again, Coc Oen swerves unsteadily towards you, the heady brown milk of the Insidious Junkbox oozing from his stubbly teats.
And as if further appetite-enhancement were required, check out this roll call of past & future greatness.
Insidious Junkbox #18 - The Low-Rent Majority
1. Polytechnic - Won't You Come Around? (I was wearing a Polytechnic t-shirt too - unwittingly as a fox!)
2. Les Denis - That Doesn't Help Us Now
3. Lupe Fiasco - The National Anthem
4. New Kingdom - Unicorns Were Horses (masterful 90s psychedelic hip-hop)
5. Caribou - Odessa
6. Lush - Sweetness & Light
7. These New Puritans - Attack Music
8. A Tribe Called Quest - I Left My Wallet In El Segundo
9. RJD2 - A Spaceship For Now
10. First Rate People - Girls' Night
11. M/A/R/R/S - Pump Up The Volume
12. Twin Tigers - Passive Idol
13. Stereolab - Golden Atoms (would've used the Nurse With Wound version, but it's 10 mins!)
While completing this opus to the dodecahedral swirls of the musical world, I also drew a picture of a freaky skeleton in heavy rimmed NHS specs and headphones. A Harry Palmer for the blogosphere, perhap! I quite want to make it the Junkbox mascot, but the idea will no doubt fall away like so many flaky condoms.
And if you enjoy this, why not swing by one of the relatively neglected Junkboxes of months past. Insidious Junkbox VII: One Sevens Clash is a lovely beast indeed, which rattled its squeaky sabre back in July last year and includes the genius of ...
1. Giorgio Moroder/Donna Summer - I Feel Love
2. Panda Riot - Like Flowers At Night
3. Sex In Dallas - Everybody Deserves To Be Fucked
4. The Nightjars - Recognition In A Crowd
5. St Vincent - The Strangers
6. Black Nerd - I Am Vince Fontaine
7. Troxum - Martian Suburbs
8. Micuchu - Just In Case
9. Mudhoney - Touch Me, I'm Sick
10. A Middle Sex - A Pang of Conscience
11. The Duckworth Lewis Method - Jiggery Pokery
I've a feeling there was another track snucked in towards the end, but I don't quite remember and I can't listen to the 'cast at the minute, as I'm taking in the majesty of Daedelus's Exquisite Corpse LP from that 2005.
May the tears you wipe away be shiny with jewels.
Your pal, Coc x