Tuesday 13 December 2011

Niki & The Dove - The Drummer EP

I need to seize every available moment, so Imma gone try be quick.

Saw some soul excitedly hoping that Niki & The Dove would be coming to MCR courtesy of Now Wave.

Now Wave has been very much on the money of late, so I thought I'd give it a go.

Not massively keen. Thought it sounded a bit like The Knife. Found out they were also from Scandanavia. Saw some live footage of them playing in an art gallery in east London. A little too "artistic". Not inspired.

Quite like "The Drummer" single track - but it's a bit too much of the dull-bearded-guy-prods-keyboard-while-kooky-woman-sings-in-a-weird-child/woman-voice-and-throws-angular-shapes. I don't especially like that. The eggs sit too firmly in the box.

Thought I would record these non-thoughts. Then did so.

Rating: Out of Enthusiasm

No comments: